Support Vietnamese Agent Orange Victims & the Vietnamese Women U.S. Speaking Tour!
JOIN US IN WELCOMING VIETNAMESE AGENT ORANGE VICTIMS
Monday, October 27th, 6:00-8:00 PM
UCLA Downtown Labor Center
675 S. Park View Street, Los Angeles 90057
Dang Hong Nhut is from Ho Chi Minh City. She suffers from cancer & had multiple miscarriages due to exposure to Agent Orange.
Tran Thi Hoan, a 21 year old college student. She was born without legs due to her mother’s exposure to Agent Orange.
An all-women delegation of Agent Orange victims from Vietnam will travel across the country to advocate for compensation from the US government, Dow Chemical and Monsanto (the companies responsible for making the majority of Agent Orange) for both Vietnamese victims and US Veterans, as well as a commitment to clean up lands contaminated by Agent Orange.
Suggested donation of $5 at the door. – Light refreshments will be served.
For information, contact:
Larry Abbott: 323-394-5543 – Email: email@example.com
The UCLA Downtown Labor Center, 213-480-4155 or Tammy Luu, 213-387-2800
Frank Corcoran reaches out to Dang Hong Nhut, joined on the panel with, right to left, Dinh Thi Minh Huyen and Tran Thi Hoan
IT’S TIME TO ACHIEVE REAL JUSTICE FOR VIETNAM’S AGENT ORANGE VICTIMS!
- Three million Vietnamese and tens of thousand of U.S. soldiers and many Vietnamese Americans were affected by Agent Orange used by the U.S. during the war.
- Agent Orange causes birth defects in hundreds of thousands of children.
- Agent Orange continues to poison the natural environment of Vietnam .
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP
- Educating our friends and neighbors about the suffering caused by Agent Orange in Vietnam and in other wars our government has waged.
- Building friendship between U.S. , Vietnamese American and Vietnamese Agent Orange victims.
- Holding the U.S. chemical manufacturers responsible through supporting the Agent Orange victims’ lawsuit and a corporate campaign to demand Dow and Monsanto compensate the victims.
- Holding the U.S. government responsible to provide significant and meaningful compensation to Vietnamese victims and additional coverage to affected U.S. veterans.
- Supporting the work of the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/Dioxin(VAVA).
Sponsored by the Vietnam Agent Orange Relief & Responsibility Campaign (VAORRC)
National Co-sponsors: Veterans For Peace, Vietnam Veterans Against the War, National Lawyers Guild, United For Peace & Justice
P O BOX 303 • PRINCE ST • NEW YORK • NEW YORK • 10012-0006 • U S A